recovering files after a deep scan

signsnake

I've run a deep scan on an accidentally quickformatted drive. After the scan, many crucial files are displayed. When I check them and hit restore, ID the directory I want to save to, I get an error: "The System cannot find the file specified".

It's frustrating to be so close, yet so far!

If anyone can help, I'd be in your debt.

Thanks in advance!

I've run a deep scan on an accidentally quickformatted drive. After the scan, many crucial files are displayed. When I check them and hit restore, ID the directory I want to save to, I get an error: "The System cannot find the file specified".

Just how are you going about this recovery? The drive in question remains unformated, I assume. Recuva is installed where? You are saving to a different drive, right?

The files you selected... what's type are they? Recuva says they may be in excellent condition but I have a post in this forum which calls that indicator into question. Image files that were deemed unrecoverable recovered just fine... while some jpegs that were deemed excellent in preview looked like they had been chopped up and reassembled. You could try to recover everything and sort it out later... and there are other pricy recovery programs. Just because they, to date, all failed a simple Quicktime recovery doesn't mean they can't do somethings better than Recuva.