Recuva stops at 96%

jordanzero

I have been trying to recover a lot of deleted pictures i have deleted by accident.

I have recuva version 1.29.429.

it is scanning for .jpg and .jpeg

since last last it stopped at 96% and it says its taking longer and longer as time goes by, first it said 2 minutes, then , and 10, and now 20 minutes.

it says it has found over 30,000 files which is a little over what i thought i needed, but im pretty sure it found them, i really need these photos. And this program seems to be the only one that is working.

but i dont know whats wrong with it.

any suggestions?

I have no idea and would have prefered that someone from Piriform respond... but then it's not that they sell their program for $40 or $70 like other companies.

Reading your post I do have some questions. Just how are you performing this recovery? What drive are the deleted files on? Where is Recuva installed? Where are the files being saved to? 30k files is a lot for a program to work with. What sorts of system resources does your system and Recuva have? Can you redo the scan with increased pagefile and setting Recuva to a higher priority in Task Manager? How about going off line and doing a scan from safe mode without all the security and other resource intensive programs running?

I like all your suggestions, i will try those.

first off I have a Dell Studio 1737 with Intel Core 2 duo 2.13Ghz. 4GB Ram. so i have quite a bit of resources.

I have recuva and windows installed on my 250GB Main hard drive.

The photos i need to recover are on my secondary 160GB hard drive with nothing that has been installed since the format.

My files were saved to F:/pictures pretty much.

i Will try safe mode and offline here in a little while.

again, thank you very much. i really appreciate your help.

Good to know the photos are safe... unless...

One last thought, if you have any program, System Mechanic, TuneUp Utilities, Disk Perfect, whatever... that does automatic drive maintainance like defragging, I'd disable those features. Some run at startup and can run on a preset schedule or in the background whenever PC usage is low.

for some reason, my windows vista Ultimate cant boot into safe mode? its really gay, its probably Dell's fault.

i have norton 360, so hopefully it wont defrag or something.

I will keep trying, but again, thanks for the suggestions though.

i appreciate any help.

Well it finally finished a little bit ago, it said it only found 132.. none of which where what i was looking for. it said it ignored 29,500 files.

and it took 251,130.32 seconds

i dont know what to do anymore, i really need those pictures back, but i need to start using this drive. otherwise im going to run out of room on my primary.

but thanks to everyone that has tryed to help me out. i really do appreciate it.