fast mode in Recuva

uavso

Now Recuva processes the hard disk, which was damaged during my busyness trip - the estimated time is 2 days (one day already left). I am afraid that after few days of intensive work, the hard disk will be unreadable at all. Please be so kind as to fasten it, i.e. to make it in a "fast" mode, skipping unreadable clusters without many hours of attempts to read them! What is lost, will be skipped, but there will be more chances to recover other files!

2) The most important files are reserve archives in *.7z (www.7-zip.org) and *.rar (rarlab.com) formats. But they are absent in the list (also *.kar, *.ods, *.odt, *.djvu, *.pdf, *.ogg files (or "user-defined") are needed)

Many thanks for Your program, and may I hope it will be improved!

Please be so kind as to fasten it, i.e. to make it in a "fast" mode, skipping unreadable clusters without many hours of attempts to read them! What is lost, will be skipped, but there will be more chances to recover other files!

There is a "fast" mode. Under OPTIONS > ACTIONS make sure deep scan is unchecked.

There is a way to scan for compressed files... but since I have nothing by .zips and .rar files, I'm not sure about the rest.

So just what is your problem... you drive is bootable but became corrupted and you lost files? Your drive is non-bootable and you're running Recuva from another drive?

Maybe someone can answer this better than I... but I'm not sure how Recuva would deal with undeleted files on a corrupted drive. Will it ignore them? There are other programs out there. For instance I have one called Data Rescue PC by RecoverSoft, that contains its own OS and is for use on unbootable drives. I know it recovers UNdeleted files. I don't know how it deals with deleted files... and anyway I have v2 and there's a new v3 out.

BTW... some recovery programs give you the option to image (copy) the damaged drive just in case you can't recover everything before it dies.