Can Recuva recover deleted files from CompactFlash?

RLouk

Can Recuva recover deleted files from a CompactFlash memory card? When I try to select the card (card is plugged into my printer, and when in the Recuva wizard, File Location, and selecting In a specific location and clicking on Browse, my memory card shows up as "memory_card on 'Hp001438cbb19c' (Z:)" and I click on this location) the OK button grays out and cannot be selected. I have also tried to access the card by plugging it into my camera and connecting the camera up to the computer via the USB connection (this is how I upload pictures to the computer) but I still cannot select the memory card in Recuva. It appears to me that I can only use Recuva to recover files that are on my C: drive - is this how Recuva is supposed to work? If not, how do I get the software to work with my memory card? Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thanks.

It appears to me that I can only use Recuva to recover files that are on my C: drive - is this how Recuva is supposed to work? If not, how do I get the software to work with my memory card? Any help you can offer is appreciated.

It's certainly possible to use Recuva on flash memory cards. I did a number of tests on one such card using various data recovery programs. The results are elsewhere. But in my case the slots are on the PC. When hooked up to a printer, isn't it really there for the printer to access not the PC? Just wondering since I've never used any of those printer slots.