Firefox/Mozilla Cache Clearing Skipped

mattj

CCleaner does not appear to clean my Firefox cache. Instead, with the option ticked, I get a line: "Firefox/Mozilla cache clearing was skipped". This puzzled me until I remembered that I had specified a non-default location for my cache:

With firefox one can specify the location of the cache - a second hard disk, for example, to reduce fragmentation of the primary drive.

This preference is stored in each of the profile directories in a file called prefs.js This is a plain text file and easily parsed.

The setting is: browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

eg user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory", "F:\\Temp\\Firefox");

Would you please consider accounting for this setting.

Many thanks,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

CCleaner will only detect the default locations of temp files on the System Drive, usually C:\.

To clean a non default location you will have to add that location using CCleaners "Include" feature. "CCleaner\Options\Add File or Folder".

And you need to check the "Custom Files And Folders" box in the "Windows\Advanced" section to make it work.

I understand that we can specify what folders to clean, if the default temporary files location is changed, however then one cannot specify specific cookies to not delete. So if we can specify where the Temporary Files are located for Windows, IE, and Firefox, that would be great!

• Moderators

I take what you're saying jim, and maybe it will become a CCleaner feature at some future date. If it's possible, then it will be up to the devs.

However, for the immediate future it is possible to add files within an "Included" folder to CCleaners "Exclude" list.

It may be a bit of work sorting out the files/cookies to be excluded from inside an included folder, but once set up that's it.

Hope that helps.