Image Previews and Recovering Not Working

Nathan Follmer

I was running an older version of Recuvra (1.24.xx can't remember that part :( ), which was working fine. Now, since I upgraded to 1.28.424, A few things aren't working:

1. When I select an image to preview it, it just says processing and never shows anything.

2. Every single file it finds is in good condition (the green circle beside the name), and I know some of them shouldn't be.

3. It doesn't display the names of the files correctly (it just says Image001.JPG, Image002.JPG) and my camera doesn't name files in that way.

4. When I select an image to recover, it brings up the progress bar, but never starts. It just says calculating time left... (I let it sit for a good 20 minutes)

My system specs:

Intel Pentium 4 2.7GHz

1024 MB of RAM

Windows XP SP3

Nvidia GForce 6200

I also uninstalled the previous version BEFORE installing the newest. I even did an uninstall and reinstall of the new version and it does the same thing. Also, I restarted after installation :)

I'm going to go back and try a previous version to see what happens.

Thanks!

Update:

Tested a few old USB sticks and some Micro SD memory cards. It appears it's only happening when I scan Micro SD's (and I tried a new card reader, same issue on ALL cards). I installed an older version and it doesn't cause the error. Not a big deal for me now, I'll stick with the old version, just thought I'd let everyone know about this issue in case someone else has it.