odd network connection problem since using Opera 10

razz

Since switching to Opera 10 from Firefox 3.5, when my wife clicked a link in an email, it took her to her home page in Opera, instead of directly to the webpage. Also, she had some links on her desktop to some webpages, these links now take her to her home page in Opera as well.

Would anyone have any idea what would cause this?

• Moderators

Just having a quick search around came up with this for Opera 10.

This is a mac site, but the principal should be the same in windows.

If you use a Webmail service as your default mail client, you can configure Opera 10 to do the same, so clicking on email addresses or the Send by Mail in Opera will open the compose page from your Webmail service provider. The same is true with the Feed reader — you can now also add any RSS/atom feed into your favorite online feed reader from within Opera 10.

http://theappleblog.com/2009/06/18/beta-wa...0-beta-1-turbo/

Sounds close to what you're getting razz. My Web Mail, Yahoo and Gmail, is working fine in Opera 10, so maybe it's an off-line "Email Client" and a setting in Opera 10 causing the problem.

Just having a quick search around came up with this for Opera 10.

This is a mac site, but the principal should be the same in windows.

http://theappleblog.com/2009/06/18/beta-wa...0-beta-1-turbo/

Sounds close to what you're getting razz. My Web Mail, Yahoo and Gmail, is working fine in Opera 10, so maybe it's an off-line "Email Client" and a setting in Opera 10 causing the problem.

I think her case is different. We both use Thunderbird as our default email client.