HOW do you use the System Restore

titan2781

so i did a few stupid things on my computer and was looking at the system restores, found one that would roll me back to where none if that stupid stuff happened, and hit a HUGE brick wall... HOW do you restore? i tried double clicking on it, right clicking on it, going to C:program files:ccleaner and i havent found ANY thing. so what is the point of making a system restore point that YOU CANT EVEN USE? im so frustrated. can ANYONE help me out and tell me HOW to rollback to a system restore point....

• Moderators

Hi titan, and welcome to Piriform.

If I read you right, you're trying to use CCleaner to do a System Restore. The feature in CCleaner is for deleting/removing System Restore points not running them.

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-cc...-restore-points

If you have done that, then that particular Restore Point will have been removed I'm afraid.

You would have to access System Restore via the usual way.

Star\Control Panel\Performance and Maintenance\System Restore (Up in the left pane).

Hope that helps.

Hi titan, and welcome to Piriform.

If I read you right, you're trying to use CCleaner to do a System Restore. The feature in CCleaner is for deleting/removing System Restore points not running them.

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-cc...-restore-points

If you have done that, then that particular Restore Point will have been removed I'm afraid.

You would have to access System Restore via the usual way.

Star\Control Panel\Performance and Maintenance\System Restore (Up in the left pane).

Hope that helps.

there is no "performance and maintenance" in my control panel. im running xp pro if that helps. i didnt delete the restore point i would like to restore to, i know what the word "remove" means and i knew that wouldnt be what i was looking to do, lol.

so.. idk how to restore still... anyone want to help. pretty pretty please...

• Moderators

Use Augeas method above.

We did have someone yesterday thinking he was running system restore and not deleting it, and I thought you may have done the same. I'm pleased I was wrong.

:)