Ccleaner cookie major problem

A similar problem a few weeks ago on my main desktop that was fixed with Ccleaner update, but I just noticed that my notebook has similar problems. I rarely use the notebook but all programs are updated as far as I can tell.

I'm using the latest Ccleaner, version 2.20.920. I log in to My Yahoo and then save the cookies to keep in Ccleaner. I do the same on other sites such as TVGuide,etc. When I shut down my browser and run Ccleaner the cookies to keep work fine and when I open my browser all cookies work and my personalized sites open up as they should.

THE PROBLEM occurs after I REBOOT or SHUT DOWN my computer. When I open my browser to My Yahoo all my personalized settings are gone and I have to log back in to My Yahoo with password, etc. But the cookies to keep in Ccleaner for My Yahoo and other sites are still listed correctly and have never been deleted or moved to cookies to delete list. Something wrong is happening at shutdown or reboot of the computer. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

IE8 version 8.0.6001.18702. XP-sp3, all updated.

What's strange is that after reading my older posts (under handle bamapete, lost my password) it appears this problem with my notebook is the exact same problem I had with my desktop. But an updated Ccleaner eventually fixed the cookie problem for the desktop with same operating system and browser as my notebook. Now with my notebook I'm having the same problem yet I'm using latest version of Ccleaner. I assume my IE8 is latest as my Windows auto updated last week. Is there a setting in IE8 that I need to make sure is correct for Ccleaner to work properly with cookies? Thanks.

Update: Cookie problem with Ccleaner is working now after I reboot the notebook. Before shutting down last night the only thing I did differently to change any thing on the computer was to install Java. No version of Java was on the drive until last night. I have no idea if no Java had anything to do with the cookie problem and highly doubt it, but just passing along the info fwiw. Ccleaner rocks now.

• Moderators

Thanks for updating us with that information Petey.

I don't have Java installed, and I don't have the cookie problem, but I don't have IE8 either, so who knows with computers. We all have different combinations of software installed, which makes narrowing down problems difficult at times.