CC Tools

N6JSX

CC is great :rolleyes: but I have a few issues with "CC Tools":

1. Tools does not see/read all the programs on the PC. :unsure:

i.e. new Acer-One netbook with WinXP - integrated into factory install is McAfee. I do not want McAfee - I want it removed.

2. Tools does not really clean programs from the registry, I see many removed items ""still"" in "msconfig" that I'd like to sweep away but cannot. :o

3. Tools does not allow "real advanced" editing of "msconfig" so we can expedite booting and turn-off.

I'd like to see the long name of the msconfig/registry items so I can understand what the item is doing so we can smartly configure our PC's. ;)

Welcome to Piriform N6JSX.

CC is great :rolleyes: but I have a few issues with "CC Tools":

1. Tools does not see/read all the programs on the PC. :unsure:

i.e. new Acer-One netbook with WinXP - integrated into factory install is McAfee. I do not want McAfee - I want it removed.

2. Tools does not really clean programs from the registry, I see many removed items ""still"" in "msconfig" that I'd like to sweep away but cannot. :o

3. Tools does not allow "real advanced" editing of "msconfig" so we can expedite booting and turn-off.

I'd like to see the long name of the msconfig/registry items so I can understand what the item is doing so we can smartly configure our PC's. ;)

If you don't want McAfee then Windows Control Panel - Add/Remove does the same job as CC Tools Uninstall. Its the uninstaller thats at fault if it leave apps in msconfig to be run on startup. You can remove these startup apps with CC Tools Startup.

Now there are actually 5 Windows startup sections in the registry, Run, RunOnce, RunOnceEx, RunServices and RunServicesOnce. CC only cleans the Run section, most things are in Run. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome to Piriform N6JSX.

If you don't want McAfee then Windows Control Panel - Add/Remove does the same job as CC Tools Uninstall. Its the uninstaller thats at fault if it leave apps in msconfig to be run on startup. You can remove these startup apps with CC Tools Startup.

Now there are actually 5 Windows startup sections in the registry, Run, RunOnce, RunOnceEx, RunServices and RunServicesOnce. CC only cleans the Run section, most things are in Run. ;)

Then how about giving us slected cleaning access via CCleaner to the other "RinXX" sections? This would need to be for adnvanced users not the press a button and let CCLeaner do its magic 98% user.