trying to recover images from a flash drive =O

emkay1800

Hi there,

I know that my question might sound a little bit stupid and the answer is pretty obvious, but i need some confirmation from people with more knowledge about tech stuff so that i can simply move on... :(

I had some really important images on an ol' 256mb usb thumb drive, apart from that I have about 200mb worth of mp3 files. I deleted the images about two weeks ago because I thought I've copied them to my laptop. Since then I have stored and deleted a number of Word and Excel files into the thumb drive and I think I did get a disk full message once or twice. Only this morning while on a business trip, miles away from my home that it struck me that i might have forgotten to copy the images to my laptop because i can't find the images on the laptop.

Is there any chance at all that I can recover the images? The usb drive is at my home so I can't try running recuva on it. I read about some 'wear leveling' on flash drives, would that actually increase or decrease the chance of me recovering the images in my case?

Thanks a lot!