Just wondering about a time frame for "Clear Free Space"

133794m3r

As stated i'd just like to know if there are any benchmarks for this option. Is it like Recuva? like if i do the standard it'll be same amount of time in Ccleaner to delete them as to find them? or is it 2x as long?

Edit:Just asking b/c it's said 100% clearing Free space for the past 20min.

CLEANING CANCELLED - (9933.206 secs)

Is that normal?!

should it honestly take almost 3hrs to do this thing? i just said clear clean space should it takes 3hrs+?!

• Moderators

I think that if you look at some of the other posts on wipe free space you'll find that the actual time taken is variable, from a few hours to eight or ten hours or more.

It all depends on how large your disk is, what the access speed is, how much data (and thus how little free space) there is on it, what spec your pc is, whether you're doing anything else on the pc at the time, etc. I would think that the main consideratiuons are how much to wipe and disk access speed. Just consider how long it would take to actually write 100 gb of data (or whatever amount you have). Quite a while.

You can't compare it with Recuva.

As stated i'd just like to know if there are any benchmarks for this option. Is it like Recuva? like if i do the standard it'll be same amount of time in Ccleaner to delete them as to find them? or is it 2x as long?

Edit:Just asking b/c it's said 100% clearing Free space for the past 20min.

CLEANING CANCELLED - (9933.206 secs)

Is that normal?!

should it honestly take almost 3hrs to do this thing? i just said clear clean space should it takes 3hrs+?!

Depending on HD fragmentation and size thats normal. You should re-do that so that the file thats involved in clearing disk space is deleted

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff