How do I clear firefox address bar

hamall9

• Moderators

Hi hamall, and welcome to the forum.

I've found the best solution for the Firefox Awesome "Awful Bar", if that's what you are referring to, is to disable it:

First, go to your Firefox settings by putting "about:config" (without the quotes) into the address bar. Click past the warning message, and scroll down to "browser.urlbar.maxRichResults".

Double click the entry, and change the default setting of 12 to 0, and then close down and relaunch Firefox.

Hope that helps.

Hi hamall, and welcome to the forum.

I've found the best solution for the Firefox Awesome "Awful Bar", if that's what you are referring to, is to disable it:

First, go to your Firefox settings by putting "about:config" (without the quotes) into the address bar. Click past the warning message, and scroll down to "browser.urlbar.maxRichResults".

Double click the entry, and change the default setting of 12 to 0, and then close down and relaunch Firefox.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks Dennis ... worked perfectly

• Moderators

You're right Hamall, the address bar isn't cleared. Dennis's workround isn't what I want (removes all entries) so there appears to be a glitch in CC.

How annoying is that bar? There is apparently a plugin that will revert the bar to FF2 style. I'll look for it later.

• Moderators
You're right Hamall, the address bar isn't cleared. Dennis's workround isn't what I want (removes all entries) so there appears to be a glitch in CC.

How annoying is that bar? There is apparently a plugin that will revert the bar to FF2 style. I'll look for it later.

It's possibly one of these two:

Hide Unvisited:

Oldbar: