CCleaner v2.17.853 Very Slow

lucid

Hi I've been using CCleaner for a long time and have had no issue with it whatsoever until now.

I was previously using v2.16.830. And today upgraded to v2.17.853.

The OS is XP Pro (SP3) fully updated. CPU is an AMD sempron 2800+ with 2.5 Gb of RAM. PC Tools spyware Doctor+Antivirus is used for protection (AVG7 was used previously though is now disabled from start and only used for scan) with zonealarm firewall. The PC is clean of malware and has minimal apps running in the background as I have configured it for only essential services and startups in msconfig/services.msc.

What I have now found is the cleaner now takes a very long time. I was previously on the old version using 7pass deletion but that didn't slow it that much. I have now switched it to normal deletion and switched off the new wipe freespace on all drives and partitions in settings.

The scanning takes much longer than before but the cleaning now takes forever. For example about 10 minutes to clean just under 2mb on normal delete. And about 5 mins for just a few kilobytes. Previously this would just take a few seconds.

Here are some screen shots of my settings, these are the same as they were before I did the update. I ran the update exe while the previous version was installed as opposed to uninstalling the older version 1st though this hasn't made a difference before. I don't install the yahoo toolbar or add to right click menu.

Is this a known issue with this new version? Is there anything I can do apart from downgrading back to an earlier version, at the moment it seems unusable.

cc1.jpgcc2.jpgcc3.jpg

cc4.jpgcc5.jpg