Defragler Scheduler Question/Suggestions

Tiger-Heli

Maybe I should test this out before posting, but ...

I really like defraggler, but the schedule option calls the silent DF.exe instead of Defraggler.exe.

This creates a few problems:

* No notification that a defrag is starting - other than HD noise and slow computer response.

* No notification that a defrag finished, so I might shut down the PC while the defrag is still in process.

First Question - Is it possible to add a scheduled task to run defraggler.exe instead of df.exe? (Do the same command line options work?)

Second Question - I understand scheduled tasks enough to understand they will run at next boot if the PC is off at the scheduled time. I understand DF can only process one drive at a time. If I schedule it to Defrag Drive C at 8:00 and Drive D at 8:01, will it wait till C is finished and do D, or do I need to account for the time it will take to run.

Thanks in advance!!!!

• 1 month later...
BTW - changing the scheduled task from df.exe to defraggler.exe does NOT work!!!

I concur and I would like to add (rather than create yet another topic) the following:

- a way to schedule the scans from install (slient install)

- a way to control what is installed and where (silent install)

I am creating an nLite installer disk to help make installing Operating Systems with needed applications much easier.

Hope there is a way of doing all this, or that you will consider this as an Enhancement Request.