Unsure

JackieRay

Have a Dell Inspiron 531 running Windows Vista Home Premium cr2007 SP1 set to load updates nightly; I have down loaded CCleaner, read some forum questions and replies and now I am bit scared of running this clean up program. I do not understand all the workings behind the sceen but am able to navigate programs pretty well. With the selections that ccleaner automatically has set for cleaning, am I safe to run this program on my computer. At the current time I am using Panda Software for AV SW program and have been using it for about 2 yrs and feel safe with the program. I understand temp files but know nothing about "cookies" and Inet stuff. Just afraid to proced from what I have read on some of the forum questions. Any guidelines for a beginner? Thanks for any replies. jt

Have a Dell Inspiron 531 running Windows Vista Home Premium cr2007 SP1 set to load updates nightly; I have down loaded CCleaner, read some forum questions and replies and now I am bit scared of running this clean up program. I do not understand all the workings behind the sceen but am able to navigate programs pretty well. With the selections that ccleaner automatically has set for cleaning, am I safe to run this program on my computer. At the current time I am using Panda Software for AV SW program and have been using it for about 2 yrs and feel safe with the program. I understand temp files but know nothing about "cookies" and Inet stuff. Just afraid to proced from what I have read on some of the forum questions. Any guidelines for a beginner? Thanks for any replies. jt

Hi Jackie, welcome to the forum hi-103.gif

Please read this http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner

hope useful free-cool-smileys-356[1].gif

Hi Jackie, welcome to the forum hi-103.gif

Please read this http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner

hope useful free-cool-smileys-356[1].gif

Thank you for the reply; and I read the doc before downloading program, then went to this forum and saw all kinds of questions relating to running CCleaner. I went ahead and ran program as selected for the exception under applications and I "de-selected" those 3 options because I was not sure what would be deleted under those 3 programs. I did the analize thing and delted or fixed as program requested. Is there a report anywhere as to what the program deleted , fixed or changed ? Thanks for any replies. jt

Thank you for the reply; and I read the doc before downloading program, then went to this forum and saw all kinds of questions relating to running CCleaner. I went ahead and ran program as selected for the exception under applications and I "de-selected" those 3 options because I was not sure what would be deleted under those 3 programs. I did the analize thing and delted or fixed as program requested. Is there a report anywhere as to what the program deleted , fixed or changed ? Thanks for any replies. jt

what do you mean "de-selected" 3 options under app ?

could you give more detail ?

what do you mean "de-selected" 3 options under app ?

could you give more detail ?

Under the tag Applications; Catagorey Applications has three options - Adobe, MS office picture, and Office 2007; Those options were selected with a check mark and I de-selected those 3 and ran the program. I am just nervous when it comes to deleting some of these stuff.

CCleaner removes temp files and recent file lists for that apps (Adobe,MS picture,Office2007) incl file ext,not delete the apps.

CCleaner is the safest way to clear out doc history http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/ccleaner...pplications-tab positivo3.gif

and also check this thread http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20264

cheers