Windows Me problem

dejevu

windows Me. IE version 6 sp2. when i run ccleaner to clear cookies either on run or analyze, both come back as 0. like it does nothing. i have no way of knowing if anything cleared or not even if i do it manually thru IE itself.

i have used this for a long time on my other computer running windows xp sp 3 and IE 7. i have never had a problem (except when i should have updated it) so i know what it looks like when it runs properly.

could you advise?

thanks

Welcome to Piriform dejevu.

windows Me. IE version 6 sp2. when i run ccleaner to clear cookies either on run or analyze, both come back as 0. like it does nothing. i have no way of knowing if anything cleared or not even if i do it manually thru IE itself.

Well I've used CC on my Win98SE for the past two and half years and its works correctly everytime.

I know it sounds stupid but you do have the Cookies option ticked? Click on Options\Cookies and see whats listed in Cookies to Delete listbox. Then go back and do a clean, after the clean go back to Options\Cookies and see if the Cookies to Delete are still showing.

If you don't store regular cookies in the Cookies to Keep listbox then you can look in your Windows\Cookies folder to see if anything has been deleted. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

yes. cookies box is checked. checking on the cookies list is full. even if i delete manually from IE. the list is still there????

can't figure this one out.

the sites i visit i need cookies cleaned constantly too.

hmmm

i just experimented: i was logged on here. i cleared cookes manually from within IE. it logged me out of here. i logged back in, used ccleaner to clear cookies. came back here, reloaded and i was still logged on. wish i could figure this out. i hate not knowing things. LOL

EDIT: i just tried an older version 2.06.567. this one works! i just went like half way down the list on filehippo and picked one.

whew!

thanks for the help. maybe this thread will help someone else though.

EDIT: i just tried an older version 2.06.567. this one works!

Well its worked correctly on every version I've tried so I'm afraid I can't make any suggestions to you. ;)

P.S. Bye the way I didn't know there were any service packs for WinME. Even IE6.0 only has an SP1.

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best