freezes up

brady

:blink: i ran recuva on deep scran,on my external 250 hard drive it ran good till sometime after 24% then it went to home page.couldn't see if it was running or not. it ran for 48 hours,i couldn't get ANYthing to work,mouse,keyboard,couldn't turn it off.had to unplug it.ran it today same thing around 27% it frooze again.i'm tring to recover photos/data/music files.i 1st ran a different program they stopped at 60% and found 8977 folders,89000 files,but then want me to pay $200. to finish and upload them.i can't pay that.it all started when i had to reload windows XP,i backed up everything i had to the ex drive then unplugged it.after reinstalling XP i plugged the ex drive in before it was local disk E now it shows drv 4 vol 1.and all the backups are gone,please any help out there.

• 1 month later...

Mine freezes as well, but not until it is nearly 70% complete (approx. 1.6 million files found). Once it reaches that point, I have to end the process and restart my PC. I'm scanning a 400GB HDD.

Can anyone help here as I want to get the files off the drive before it is shipped off to the factory for a different issue to be repaired.

:angry: