Defraggler Will Not Run

agent 007

Installation was no problem. It can see my hard drive and knows its size and how much of it is being used. However, when I try to run Defraggler, it can't seem to analyze the drive. Window message says "Analysis Failed" No further explanation.

:(

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Installation was no problem. It can see my hard drive and knows its size and how much of it is being used. However, when I try to run Defraggler, it can't seem to analyze the drive. Window message says "Analysis Failed" No further explanation.

:(

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Same here - defraggler.exe fails to analyze and defrag my primary NTFS partition (C: with win XP/SP3 and most programs). It works on my second partition (logical NTFS use for data mainly). defraggler works on C: in safe mode, so you could try that (safe mode), and df.exe always works in any mode.

The other day, I ran msconfig, chose 'selective startup' from the general tab, and unchecked win.ini, system.ini and startup items. At first defraggler.exe worked, so I enabled win.ini and rebooted, ran defraggler, and at first things were looking good. i think it worked and I defragged something, but then either the defragging or something else messed up some security permissions; i couldn't run anything so I toggled the 'use simple folder sharing' function, maybe something else too, and I had access again but defraggler stopped working. now it doesn't even work with everything unchecked from msconfig, except system services... i can only use it in safe mode.

let us know if you do the safe mode and msconfig thing, and figure out what program, service or driver conflicts with defraggler. fwiw, i use rising anti-virus, online armor firewall and acronis true image.

Here's the debug file. The original was 40MB and the max upload size is under 2MB, so I cut out the parts with either clear patterns, or with the description of what Defraggler did to each file (latter for privacy reasons too). i.e. nothing important, but if something crucial is missing, or if you'd like a log from Safe mode, just let me know.

I took the following actions:

1. Started Defraggler in Debug3 mode

2. Tried to analyze C -> "Analysis Failed"

3. Tried to defrag C -> "Building File List Failed"

4. Tried to defrag free space on C ->"Building File List Failed"

5. Tried to defrag free space on C with "allow fragmentation" ->"Building File List Failed"

6. Checked drive for errors -> No major errors found

7. Analyzed and defragged my other partition -> worked fine.

(A flash drive was also attached, but I didn't analyze or defrag it)

FWIW, I've tried different settings and the usual things to fix this. I have no other software problems, except with PerfectDisk. It's 'analysis' crashes my Windows in normal mode, but boot defrag works, and I haven't tried the stealth/automatic or command line modes). Other defraggers I've tried have worked fine (Diskeeper, Auslogics, IOBit, JkDefragCmd,...).

Defraggler.exe._1_6_118__2009_01_30_23_44__short.txt

Defraggler.exe._1_6_118__2009_01_30_23_44__short.txt