Deleting chats

Jim51

Hey, all...

I share the laptop I use with others, and want to be certain CCleaner will delete ALL records of chats I've had from various websites I visit. Can anyone help me be sure CCleaner either already does so or what I may need to do to get that done?

I looked at the custom features in CCleaner but wasn't sure exactly what (if anything) I should do there...

Any help anyone can offer is GREATLY appreciated!

Welcome Jim.

Have a look at adding the winapp2.ini into the CCleaner Folder as it cleans several Messenger log files:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1110

If it does not clean the specific log file that you want then you can add it yourself.

This is documented in the On-Line Documentation site:

http://docs.piriform.com/CCleaner/advanced...leaner-to-clean

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Anyone familiar with Winferno's PC COnfidential software? Does it permanently dlete all chats?

For $49.95US per year I am not about to try it!

I'm a kinda boring type of guy because I don't have paranoid delusions of people watching me nor do I do anything that government agents need to trace my Internet traffic or anybody else for that matter.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

What chat client are you using?

To which entry in winapp2.ini?

IE7Pro user

Not sure I know how to tell or find the answer to either question...sorry! DUH! :huh:

What chat program are you using? Where are you trying to add |*.*|RECURSE (presumably you are creating a winapp2.ini entry as that is what this line is for)