Cleaning Website Icons.

Rojolas

Greetings,

I would like to know if there is a possibility to include an option in future releases of CC Cleaner, that is capable of cleaning the websites icons that stay in our Favorites folder.

Is really awful to see some of our Favorites url's with icons and others without it (I think they're called .ico files, I don't know), and to say the truth, I rather prefer to not have icons at all and clean them all constantly (I clean very often my IE cookies, historic, etc., and use CC Cleaner everyday many times per day).

I use Windows Vista Home Premium 64 and Internet Explorer 7.

If CC Cleaner could do this, it would be great.

Regards,

PS: This is the first time I visit the board, if this question was already answered, pardon me.

Welcome to Piriform Rojolas.

I would like to know if there is a possibility to include an option in future releases of CC Cleaner, that is capable of cleaning the websites icons that stay in our Favorites folder.

Is really awful to see some of our Favorites url's with icons and others without it (I think they're called .ico files, I don't know), and to say the truth, I rather prefer to not have icons at all and clean them all constantly (I clean very often my IE cookies, historic, etc., and use CC Cleaner everyday many times per day).

I use Windows Vista Home Premium 64 and Internet Explorer 7.

If CC Cleaner could do this, it would be great.

Well these icons are generally fixed by the site you saved the favorite link for or its set by Windows. You can change these icons yourself. Right-click on the favorite and select Properties and there is a Change Icon button. Find the icon you want to use and Apply. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Greetings Keithuk,

Sure, but it should be a way of erasing the website icon, and put it again just like a normal and default IE icon. Changing icon per icon is a mission impossible, it takes too many time and patience.

The idea was, if possible, CC Cleaner to erase all these different icons that websites have and that stick in our favorite / URL's / Browser, and put them all just like default, IE symbol.

Don't know if that's possible, but it would be great.

I like AM-DeadLink to set the icons ( FavIcons ):

http://www.aignes.com/deadlink.htm

The FavIcons come from the site in the Favorites and I prefer them to the boring IE icon.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Sure, but it should be a way of erasing the website icon, and put it again just like a normal and default IE icon. Changing icon per icon is a mission impossible, it takes too many time and patience.

The idea was, if possible, CC Cleaner to erase all these different icons that websites have and that stick in our favorite / URL's / Browser, and put them all just like default, IE symbol.

You don't actually erase icons, every short-cut as its own icon which is normally taken from the exe which most short-cuts are. Windows only uses the IE icon because its a URL link the short-cut is for.

Well I must be lucky because I only get 1 URL short-cut per week that needs changing to the default IE icon. But if you have them many and its a big task for you to change them then I this you will be out of luck asking if CC can change the iocns for you. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best