Does CCleaner clean everything?

grcguy

Hello,

This is my first post so please bear with me. I really like CCleaner, but I am confused as to how it works. When I do the "Analyze" it will say something like 123mb to be removed. So when I run the program and it is complete, it will always say 85mb (or whatever) removed. Why does it not show the removal of all it identified? Do I have to set it up a particular way? If someone could explain it in SIMPLE terms, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Hello,

If someone could explain it in SIMPLE terms, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Hello grcguy,

Welcome to the forums!!! :D

Glad to have members who are curious and also willing to join in.

Most of what we can tell you is based on personal experience or reading the forums.

Most of your answers on the forums are from members and not the actual developers(programmers).

From my experience, this happens quite frequently due to the fact that the Analysis finds things that are "targets" for cleaning. When the actual cleaning is done some "targets" are not available for cleaning because those areas are either being used by other programs or are being protected by the OS system or security software.

CCleaner always does a more thorough job if all other programs are not running at the time. This does not include turning off firewall or security programs. It is possible to run other programs at the same time but it does cause "strange" things to appear such as what you describe. I have seen that most users who close all other programs especially browsers get better cleaning results and they experience fewer problems.

Then there is always the possibility of a few "bugs" but these are not normal.

:) davey