Scheduled Defrag Does Not Work

Neillithan

Hi, I have been using Defraggler for about a day now, yet I can't get the scheduled defrag to work. When I open my scheduler, I see the tasks that Defraggler made... I quadruple check the times and dates to be sure they're accurate and they are.

I even tried to right click a task made by defraggler and hit "run" but nothing happens. I tried it with and without defraggler running but it does nothing.

Is this a bug? Do I have to reboot my PC?

Thanks,

-Neil

• Moderators

Hi Neil, and welcome to the forum.

I'm using Version 1.04.098, with XP SP3, and it's working fine with the following test I've just done:

i443_Defraggler.jpg

Set it up as shown, closed it down completely (not minimised), and it kicked off right on time. Can you provide some more info?

Which Operating System, and which version of Defraggler? And is it working fine otherwise?

Thanks.

Hi Neil, and welcome to the forum.

I'm using Version 1.04.098, with XP SP3, and it's working fine with the following test I've just done:

i443_Defraggler.jpg

Set it up as shown, closed it down completely (not minimised), and it kicked off right on time. Can you provide some more info?

Which Operating System, and which version of Defraggler? And is it working fine otherwise?

Thanks.

Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3.

I'm using Defraggler version 1.04.098

I noticed you set yours up to run only once. I have mine set to run daily.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Edit: On closer inspection, it appears as though scheduled tasks is working fine. I was not aware that df.exe was launched instead of the Defraggler GUI.

Thanks,

-Neil

• Moderators
Hi, I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3.

I'm using Defraggler version 1.04.098

I noticed you set yours up to run only once. I have mine set to run daily.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Edit: On closer inspection, it appears as though scheduled tasks is working fine. I was not aware that df.exe was launched instead of the Defraggler GUI.

Thanks,

-Neil

Yea, I don't use the scheduler at all, so I just set it up to see if it kicked off at the right time. At least you've sussed out the reason Neil, and I'm pleased it's working OK for you.