Start menu

Pitcher

Dear CoMembers!

I am completely new to Cc! I have about 15 Mb in Start Menu and starting my old chap takes about 10 minutes. I was ready to clean the Start Menu when I hesitated for this message "you permanently delete files from your Start Menu" Only Start Menu is checked but in Application everything is checked. Is it OK to go futher and clean the Start Menu. Will I find my programs afterwards. Is it good for my old chap if I uncheck something in the Application I am so thankful to you if you will take the time and help me.

Best regards

Welcome Pitcher

Typically a shortcut to the application is installed in Start Menu and the application developers consider their application The best thing since sliced bread so they put the startup information there so that the user does not have to figure out how to have access to the application.

Good applications have setup options usually in its Setup or Options to enable/disable auto starting.

There are more locations that the system can use for auto starting so an application like AutoRuns comes in handy:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Dear CoMembers!

I am completely new to Cc! I have about 15 Mb in Start Menu and starting my old chap takes about 10 minutes. I was ready to clean the Start Menu when I hesitated for this message "you permanently delete files from your Start Menu" Only Start Menu is checked but in Application everything is checked. Is it OK to go futher and clean the Start Menu. Will I find my programs afterwards. Is it good for my old chap if I uncheck something in the Application I am so thankful to you if you will take the time and help me.

Best regards

Hi,

just untick everything also in the Application tab, and leave the checkmark on 'Start Menu Shortcut' only.

Then press 'Analyze'. The log will show what CCleaner is going to delete (nothing is deleted running 'Analyze, though).

Most likely these will be shortcuts to Applications that are no longer installed on your system. If so, feel free to press 'Run Cleaner'.

:)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Hi,

just untick everything also in the Application tab, and leave the checkmark on 'Start Menu Shortcut' only.

Then press 'Analyze'. The log will show what CCleaner is going to delete (nothing is deleted running 'Analyze, though).

Most likely these will be shortcuts to Applications that are no more installed on your system. If so, feel free to press 'Run Cleaner'.

Thank you, but... there is at the top Windows and Application and then beneath another application. Which one shall I use. When I uncheck both there is nothing in the Analyze!

Thank you, but... there is at the top Windows and Application and then beneath another application. Which one shall I use. When I uncheck both there is nothing in the Analyze!

Windows and Applications cleanings are always performed together at once, doesn't matter which tab is selected.

(please have a look at the Beginner's Guide, you can find the link in the pinned topics of this Forum)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy