IOutlookPlug (revisited)

Gary Goldblum

:blink: Hi Folks-

I just installed/ran CCleaner 2.12.660 on my niece's Toshiba Satellite L305D Laptop, (VistaSP1, MSOH&S), after uninstalling the OE Norton 360 and installing Norton IS 2009.

This Reg issue won't delete via Cc or RegEdit- "Unable to delete all specified values".

Missing TypeLib Reference IOutlookPlug {4A3451BE-99E0-476C-AE7F-C2A5671AC22E} HKCR\Interface\{AC9CC9305-0A30-4015-92A0-0711EE24E720}

I did search and read a few other threads about this entry possibly belonging to Norton, but no one ever said "Yes it is". Was this ever decided? I won't worry about it if it's Norton's (or needed for something useful).

How would I get Cc to ignore it?

I did uninstall some program called "LogMeIn", some remote "mirror" thing- wanted to make sure it didn't leave anything behind.

I put NIS 2009 on the HP desktop (VistaSP1, MSOH&S) which already had Cc on it, and it didn't pick this file up.

I will be Ccleaning another niece's Toshiba laptop, identical to the one above, so some info would be appreciated.

Thanks.g.

• Moderators

It seems debatable as to whether it's a Norton/Symantec thing or a Firefox one.

Either way, it's the remnants of an Outlook Express plugin, and it can apparently be removed by running CCleaner (or regedit), in safe mode.

But, make sure you follow CCleaners "make a backup" dialogue before you send it on it's way, or, right click and "export" the key to a folder of your choice with regedit, before you delete it.

Either way, it's the remnants of an Outlook Express plugin, and it can apparently be removed by running CCleaner (or regedit), in safe mode.

But, make sure you follow CCleaners "make a backup" dialogue before you send it on it's way, or, right click and "export" the key to a folder of your choice with regedit, before you delete it.

Hi DennisD- Thanks for your reply. Nope, no Firefox.

The HP desktop didn't show this reg issue, but it had Norton IS 2008 prior to my loading the '09, whereas the laptops had Norton 360. I was thinking this was a 360 remnant, perhaps of 360's Automatic Backup feature?

The Registry Editor shows it as Name: "ab" in an icon that looks like torn paper, with "(default)" beside it;

Type: "REG_SZ"; Data: "IOutlookPlug".

I wonder if it's "stuck" in the registry of the never-used Guest User Account. I might messabout before doing your suggestion- no offense intended! ...and yes, I'm having fun with the emoticons.

Thanks.g. ;)

Hi again DennisD-

OK Fine- you were right!

Nothing relevant in the Guest User Account.

Deleted the reg item in Safe Mode, no problems- Norton's OK and happy.

Thanks again!g. :D