Lexmark 3500 Printer - a really nice printer - great price

razz

The weirdest thing ever....

I ran out of ink on my Lexmark 1600 printer so I went shopping to buy a black & white ink head. Found the Lexmark ink head in Walmart - $38 - hmm!

I then decided to go to the Super Store (I think these stores are only in Canada) because that is where I purchased my printer from. Hmm...same price for the ink head :( Then I looked on the shelf under the ink head shelf and there it was...a Lexmark 3500 Printer. Price $40 (Canadian). Looking at the box I quickly realized that this printer seemed even better than my printer (the 1600 model). No brainer...the heck with buying the ink head, just buy the new printer and give my printer to Good Will or something. I brought it home and found it to be a real easy install (using the provided CD). I took it for a test run and found it real nice to use and great quality. This truly is one of the weirdest things - just makes no sense to me - for $2 more I got a brand new and better printer of excellent quality.

For those of you interested in this printer:

http://images.lexmark.com/publications/pdf...s/en/index.html

Some stores that sell the Lexmark 3500 are:

Walmart, Staples, Office Depot, Home Depot, Zellers, President's Choice Super Store and Future Shop.

Note: the only additional item you need to purchase is a USB cable. Naturally if you are replacing your printer then you just use that USB cable.

If you are looking for a first time printer purchase, looking to replace your old printer, or simply if you run out of ink....I highly recommend this printer.

• Moderators

Printer prices are ridiculously cheap compared to what they used to be. That looks a good deal.

The first printer I bought was to go with a Commodore Amiga bought as a xmas present for my son quite a few years ago.

It was a Star 9 pin dot matrix. About as basic as you could get, and it cost ?245. English pounds, note, not dollars. At the same time, the Amiga cost ?250.

The best part of ?500 for 512mb Amiga, and a s**t printer. :(

I've still got the receipt, which I'm thinking of putting in a frame.

Printer prices are ridiculously cheap compared to what they used to be. That looks a good deal.

The first printer I bought was to go with a Commodore Amiga bought as a xmas present for my son quite a few years ago.

It was a Star 9 pin dot matrix. About as basic as you could get, and it cost ?245. English pounds note, not dollars. At the same time, the Amiga cost ?250.

The best part of ?500 for 512mb Amiga, and a s**t printer. :(

I've still got the receipt, which I'm thinking of putting in a frame.

Ridiculous by today's standards. My first printer was an HP Inkjet. Think it cost about $250 at that time (about 8 years ago).

I should add that the Lexmark 3500 copies, scans, prints photos and can be used as a Fax machine. Wonderful package for the price of an ink head :D

Have a look at this topic down around Post #6:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17804

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user