Motorola PC850 software update for Vista

stormy_1

I recently got a new computer (HP Pavilion) running Vista. Attempted to install Motorola PC850 pc bluetooth adapter I used on previous computer which ran XP. Well after a few attempts I gave up as software wouldn't install. A while later I checked Motorola website and found the software is not compatible with Vista, but they have a link to download updated software for Vista.

http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=38b5f7c0c1a0b010VgnVCM1000008206b00aRCRD&ps=y&pg=PG_TYP_00003&show=globalSupport&productID=c6c01f79696c9010VgnVCM1000008206b00aRCRD

instructions for download:

In order to use Motorola Phone Tools with a PC850 Bluetooth Adapter, we must upgrade your PC850 software to the latest version.

This upgrade is only authorized for use with a purchased PC850 Motorola Bluetooth USB PC Adapter (130 Mb).

1) To download your new version of the PC850 software click here and then save to your PC.

2) On your PC, unzip the contents of the file to your choosen location

3) Browse to the location where you unzipped your file and double click the "Install.zip" file

4) On running the file the attached screen will come up.

4) If you already have PC850 software installed you will need to uninstall before progressing. To do this click on the "Un-install PC850 Adapter Software" button.

5) Once the un-install process has completed, click on the "Install PC850 Adapter Software" button.

well, I can't get past step 1, as when I am asked where to save file to it shows file type as 1201_WITH_INSTALL_MENU File (.1201_with_Install_Menu) and I am not able to change it. So, I am not able to "un-zip" or open file at all.

I thought perhaps someone here may have experience with this product, or have more knowledge in this area than I (not hard to do lol)

Sorry if I was long-winded but wanted to include any info that may be pertinent.

Thanks all! :)

Sorry if I was long-winded but wanted to include any info that may be pertinent.

Thanks all! :)

Hi stormy-1,

Not long-winded at all.

If everyone would provide the information like you, it would make helping them a lot quicker.

Hey , that is one monster file for such a little bitty piece of hardware.

Anyhow, right-click on that BTW--blah blah file and select Rename. I Made it BTW.zip .

The .zip is the trick you need. Then right-click on that file and select Extract all.

The file name they gave you is not correct. They say to double click on Install.zip but the extracted file name that you want to double click is Install.exe.

This will start your install.

Good luck,

:) davey

Hi stormy-1,

Not long-winded at all.

If everyone would provide the information like you, it would make helping them a lot quicker.

Hey , that is one monster file for such a little bitty piece of hardware.

Anyhow, right-click on that BTW--blah blah file and select Rename. I Made it BTW.zip .

The .zip is the trick you need. Then right-click on that file and select Extract all.

The file name they gave you is not correct. They say to double click on Install.zip but the extracted file name that you want to double click is Install.exe.

This will start your install.

Good luck,

:) davey

Davey!

ok - trying that now! re-named and extracted! woo-hoo! lol going to install now.

should be ok from here, but I'll let you know. Thanks so much! You're awesome! B)

Davey!

ok - trying that now! re-named and extracted! woo-hoo! lol going to install now.

should be ok from here, but I'll let you know. Thanks so much! You're awesome! B)

:(

dang! software installs now, but can't install the device as the driver is unsigned ... ?

have been searching online for possible fix - but so far haven't found anything that helps ...

:(

dang! software installs now, but can't install the device as the driver is unsigned ... ?

have been searching online for possible fix - but so far haven't found anything that helps ...

so it seems maybe this just isn't compatible ... idk :P went to broadcam website tried to download from there, but got an error saying my device was supportedd :blink:

did buy an inexpensive vista compatible adapter on ebay - it seems to work ok, but I don't like it. guess I am taking recommendations for a good one if I can't get this worked out

Davey - you are so awesome - I appreciate all your help!