Defraggler doesn't recognise mounted drives

ghost

I have a C drive (~80GB) and a D drive (1.5GB) on one HDD formatted with NTFS. On a second larger HDD formatted as FAT32 I have an E drive (4GB used for the paging file) and five partitions totalling ~200GB are mounted on 5 empty directories in the D drive. Whilst Defraggler sees the C and D and E drives it doesn't see and hence defragment the 5 additional partitions.

The mounted drives are convenient in partitioning different aspects of my work and also they partition many unchanging files (many large) away from files which change regularly. They should reduce defragmentation and make defragmentation quicker. I have 2 DVD/DVD burner drives and a USB backup drive. The rest of the drives are used by virtual drives so I can run multiple programs (sometimes up to 10 simultaneously) where the program CDs must be inserted in a CD drive to operate. This setup meets my needs and I was rather surprised to see that the program did not recognise mounted drives. This means the program is largely useless. It worked well on my C drive but without the ability to see and defragment mounted drives I will need a different defragmenter.

Hmmm,

I guess what you are doing is mounting a disk(s) onto directories on another disk to make only

one drive look like a bigger drive. I wonder if defraggers in general are smart enough

to handle this.

This raises another question on defragging Software and Hardware RAID disks which

also allow one to combine multiple drives to look like one hard drive to the user and OS.

I.E. Logical Volumes vs. physical Volumes.

Can defraggers handle this scenario too?