Program gone but still installed?

violentend

I'm a noob so, sorry if I sound like it. My sister and I share a computer and she had a bunch of The Sims 2 games on it, which worked fine. A few months ago, though, she decided to try and download a copy of The Sims 2: Pets instead of buying it, and installed it on our computer. After that, the game stopped working altogether. So, we decided to uninstall all of the games and start again from scratch, so I went through and uninstalled the three expansion packs she had actually bought, but Pets was not on the Add/Remove programs list, and the uninstall icon in the Pets folder didn't work. I went to The Sims forums and some guy told me to delete the Pets folder, empty my recycle bin, and restart my computer. I didn't think this would work and I was right; it still says it's installed on my computer. So I searched online and found this program, and I'm wondering - will this solve my problem? I just want to get this program off my computer! If someone could help me out and tell me exactly what to do to make this work, I would really appreciate it!

Again, sorry if this is a totally stupid question, I can't help it.

I'm a noob so, sorry if I sound like it. My sister and I share a computer and she had a bunch of The Sims 2 games on it, which worked fine. A few months ago, though, she decided to try and download a copy of The Sims 2: Pets instead of buying it, and installed it on our computer. After that, the game stopped working altogether. So, we decided to uninstall all of the games and start again from scratch, so I went through and uninstalled the three expansion packs she had actually bought, but Pets was not on the Add/Remove programs list, and the uninstall icon in the Pets folder didn't work. I went to The Sims forums and some guy told me to delete the Pets folder, empty my recycle bin, and restart my computer. I didn't think this would work and I was right; it still says it's installed on my computer. So I searched online and found this program, and I'm wondering - will this solve my problem? I just want to get this program off my computer! If someone could help me out and tell me exactly what to do to make this work, I would really appreciate it!

Again, sorry if this is a totally stupid question, I can't help it.

Hello violentend,

Welcome to the forums. :D

Welcome to your sister also. This is a nice place for her too !!!

You may be a "newbie" but you are a smart "newbie" to ask for help first.

In this situation you might try CCleaner Tools > Uninstall .

Be very careful using this Tool. You don't want to accidentally Uninstall or Delete the wrong thing.

You know what I mean ??? Just take your time and always make sure that you are selecting the correct program and function "button".

In the list that is displayed find the name of the game that you are talking about and click on it to "highlight" that program. Now on the right hand side you will see the "Uninstall" button. Try that first just for kicks. It may not do anything at all since you say the program has already been Uninstalled.

Next try the "Delete" button and see if that works to get rid of that program entry.

Now try to reinstall that GAME and see what happens !!!

Don't use the "Cleaner" function until you do a few other things first. I have provided you with some links at bottom of this Post . Read and follow these before you do any "Cleaning".

OK Pal, good luck with that game. If any problems just come back and we will try something else !!!

:) davey

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

Beginners advice

Start here with this link and follow its advice.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=105208

Also see this link about the Registry and newbies.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=96510

Come back and let us know how you did and what else we can help you with. There are lots of easy things to learn. One step at time.