Delay CCleaner upon computer startup

camper123

Can an option be added that delays CCleaner operation by a user-specified number of seconds when the "Run CCleaner when the computer starts" option is enabled? Maybe a box next to the checkbox where I can enter the number of seconds as part of the configuration.

This would allow the start-up programs to load more quickly, without having to contend with the disk activity due to CCleaner's removal and scrubbing of files.

• 3 months later...
Can an option be added that delays CCleaner operation by a user-specified number of seconds when the "Run CCleaner when the computer starts" option is enabled? Maybe a box next to the checkbox where I can enter the number of seconds as part of the configuration.

This would allow the start-up programs to load more quickly, without having to contend with the disk activity due to CCleaner's removal and scrubbing of files.

So, it looks like this suggestion will never be implemented?

• Moderators

A lot of users are finding the "Auto Shutdown" feature of CCleaner preferable to having it run at startup and slow things down.

CCleaner Auto Shutdown:

I have it configured to a CCleaner Icon in my Quick Launch Bar. One click and CCleaner runs (not registry) and auto shuts down the computer. The only evidence that this is happening is a flashing CCleaner icon in the system tray.

The temp files generated on my PC when I boot up are not worth the effort.

A lot of users are finding the "Auto Shutdown" feature of CCleaner preferable to having it run at startup and slow things down.

Thanks for that comment, however, when I want to power-down my notebook, I want it to power down immediately so I can close the lid. I don't want to wait until cleaning is done.

I'd rather spend the time to clean after the boot process, which is why I posted my suggestion.