Flash cookie support...

timy

I would like to see support for handling flash cookies (Local Shared Objects (LSO)).

Using e.g. "MAXA Cookie Manager" flash cookies can still be found after running CCleaner on the system. So these cookies don?t seem to be deleted by CCleaner, yet. I would like to see having the option to delete those files, too.

Thanks for your great work!

• Moderators
I would like to see support for handling flash cookies (Local Shared Objects (LSO)).

Using e.g. "MAXA Cookie Manager" flash cookies can still be found after running CCleaner on the system. So these cookies don?t seem to be deleted by CCleaner, yet. I would like to see having the option to delete those files, too.

Thanks for your great work!

Hi timy, and welcome to the forum.

I'll have to point out first that MAXA Cookie Manager is a commercial app, in case anyone doesn't realise that, and second, regarding flash cookies.

These should be removed by having the Macromedia and Adobe Flash Player options checked in CCleaner > Applications > Multimedia. I have to exclude the flash cookies I need to keep as CCleaner removes mine with those settings.

The usual places for these cookies are:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\EJR7ZWV7 (this number varies)

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

If yours aren't being removed, can you say where they're actually stored on your pc.