Temporary Internet files

Deanz

Hi everybody

I installed the CC Cleaner and I have to say that the tool is really great. But I have a little problem and I'm not sure if CC Cleaner is the reason.

Under IE7 "Temporary Internet files" I entered under the Temp. Internet files folder size "400 MB". And every time after I use the CC Cleaner (and the Cleaning), the size of this folder is changed to 50MB. :unsure:

So, I don't know if the CC Cleaner change the IE7 Temp. internet files folder size or is it something else? I didn't find any setting under CC Cleaner which could fix this problem?

Thanks for your help, ;)

Dean

Hi everybody

I installed the CC Cleaner and I have to say that the tool is really great. But I have a little problem and I'm not sure if CC Cleaner is the reason.

Under IE7 "Temporary Internet files" I entered under the Temp. Internet files folder size "400 MB". And every time after I use the CC Cleaner (and the Cleaning), the size of this folder is changed to 50MB. :unsure:

So, I don't know if the CC Cleaner change the IE7 Temp. internet files folder size or is it something else? I didn't find any setting under CC Cleaner which could fix this problem?

Thanks for your help, ;)

Dean

Hello Dean,

Welcome to the forum :D

You are the 2nd or 3rd user to report this in maybe the last 8 months.

Set your size again and do not exit using the Red X button.

DO NOT set the number of days to keep history to 0 days. Leave it at at least 7 days. This will help when you are debugging etc.

When you make that change make sure that you also use the OK button and then OK again.

Reboot Immediately after this.

Then see what happens with CCleaner.

Let us know what happens.

:) davey

Hello Dean,

Welcome to the forum :D

You are the 2nd or 3rd user to report this in maybe the last 8 months.

Set your size again and do not exit using the Red X button.

DO NOT set the number of days to keep history to 0 days. Leave it at at least 7 days. This will help when you are debugging etc.

When you make that change make sure that you also use the OK button and then OK again.

Reboot Immediately after this.

Then see what happens with CCleaner.

Let us know what happens.

Hi davey

Thanks for your help... :rolleyes:

So, I will set "history days" to 7 days, because at the moment I have "0". And then I change the size to 400 MB. After I made this I do NOT close my IE7-Browser, I do a Restart (Reboot). Is this correct davey?

And after my restart my CC Cleaner will start, because I selected "autorun the CC Cleaner". After my cleaning the folder size should be the same (400 MB)? :unsure:

Hi davey

Thanks for your help... :rolleyes:

So, I will set "history days" to 7 days, because at the moment I have "0". And then I change the size to 400 MB. After I made this I do NOT close my IE7-Browser, I do a Restart (Reboot). Is this correct davey?

And after my restart my CC Cleaner will start, because I selected "autorun the CC Cleaner". After my cleaning the folder size should be the same (400 MB)? :unsure:

Hi Deanz,

If you had the number of days as "0" that may have been the problem.

Make sure that you complete the process by using the "OK" button.

It may not be necessary to reboot but I recommend it because I never know what most users have been installing or uninstalling at the same time and it is best to do this way.In your case you can just as well go ahead and run CCleaner after Closing your browser and other programs.

As late as it is now you may have already done so.

So what happens?

P.S. I don't understand why users want to run CCleaner at start-up. All this does is increase the amount of your boot time and maybe cause conflicts with other programs trying to start at reboot also.

Why not run CCleaner at the end of your day or wait until you really need to run it which could be a couple of days ?

I don't want CCleaner to clean out my temp internet files,my work files etc. if I need to reboot because of a power outage or some other reason.

When it comes to computers, "automatic" does not mean better or more sophisticated. To me it means more "automatic" problems, complications , and conflicts.

Edited by davey

Hi Deanz,

If you had the number of days as "0" that may have been the problem.

Make sure that you complete the process by using the "OK" button.

It may not be necessary to reboot but I recommend it because I never know what most users have been installing or uninstalling at the same time and it is best to do this way.In your case you can just as well go ahead and run CCleaner after Closing your browser and other programs.

As late as it is now you may have already done so.

So what happens?

P.S. I don't understand why users want to run CCleaner at start-up. All this does is increase the amount of your boot time and maybe cause conflicts with other programs trying to start at reboot also.

Why not run CCleaner at the end of your day or wait until you really need to run it which could be a couple of days ?

I don't want CCleaner to clean out my temp internet files,my work files etc. if I need to reboot because of a power outage or some other reason.

When it comes to computers, "automatic" does not mean better or more sophisticated. To me it means more "automatic" problems, complications , and conflicts.

Hi davey

My setting for the "history days" ar no more "0". I entered "7", but the problem is still present. But the special is, that when I set a temp. folder size of 400 MB and then I close the IE, after that I open the IE the size is still the same (400 MB). But when I close the IE and then I do a lot of things (no CC Cleaner) and after I open the IE again, I have a other folder size (50 MB). So, I dont know what's the reason for the changing? :(

PS: I deactivated the "autorun" for the CC Cleaner.

I'm still wondering why I can not save the temp. folder size. It must be the CC Cleaner, or not?

I'm still wondering why I can not save the temp. folder size. It must be the CC Cleaner, or not?
What operating system are you using?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I use Vista Premium and IE7.

Hi Deanz,

You have told me that you are also using a WLAN Internet (Wireless-LAN Internet) and that you are not on a network.

Can any other member help with what is needed to prevent any problems with other PCs in the area maybe accessing Deanz PC.

Hi Deanz,

You have told me that you are also using a WLAN Internet (Wireless-LAN Internet) and that you are not on a network.

Can any other member help with what is needed to prevent any problems with other PCs in the area maybe accessing Deanz PC.

Hi davey

Yes, for the Internet-connection I'm using WLAN (Wireless-LAN) and I'm not on the network. I have just my computer. Yesterday, I excluded the function "Clear the Temporary Internet files" in the CC Cleaner-tool. But nevertheless every time my folder size is changed again (when I close and after a while I open the IE7 again).

I really don't know what the reason is? :(

Hi davey

Yes, for the Internet-connection I'm using WLAN (Wireless-LAN) and I'm not on the network. I have just my computer. Yesterday, I excluded the function "Clear the Temporary Internet files" in the CC Cleaner-tool. But nevertheless every time my folder size is changed again (when I close and after a while I open the IE7 again).

I really don't know what the reason is? :(

Deanz,

Who makes your WLAN and did you buy it or was it provided by your ISP. Does it also serve as a hardware firewall?

P.S. Do you ever use the option to reset Internet Explorer Options in Internet Options > Advanced tab ?

P.S. Do use any CCleaner Advanced cleaning options ? If yes, please turn them off.

Edited by davey