Bad allocation

karl123

I had to format a drive and reinstall windows because a power failure caused my disk to go corrupt. i back up regularly so most of my files are ok, but theres a few important files i need to get back that were made after the last backup, so they didn't get backed up.

I downloaded recuva and scanned but only a few files come up, I done a deep scan and it gets to 100% of stage 1 and says a few hundered thousand files found but then the progress window exits and it says bad allocation on the bottom left corner. I have searched this on this forum and a mod said that they've found a solution it and it will be fixed in the next release, but that post was oct 2007.

why is it doing this? the last release was 11th of june so that's way after october last year and it should have been fixed. I'm having to use my mums computer instead of mine to post this and to do my coursework on, for fear of overwriting those files if i use my computer. It looks like a great program but i'm waiting for a fix so that i can get those files back and use my computer again.