HELP! Folder Location Question/Problem

Tom AZ

I had the following folder on my XP/Intel computer:

"Intel® 82845G FL GE PE GV Graphics Controller"

For some reason, that entire folder (several dlls, a few exe files and a couple sys files) is now on my external hard drive (E:\) -- and I no longer see it anywhere on my C:\ drive.

I don't know why or how it got there, but I don't think it's where it belongs. I use that external drive (E:\) only to manually backup selected things from my C:\ drive -- and I didn't knowingly move that folder to the external drive.

Can anyone tell me where that folder should be located on my C:\ drive -- and how to move it back?

• Moderators

Hi Tom, I've been having a search around to see if I could get some info on your problem.

I thought I had a solution yesterday when I found a few genuine links to simply download that Graphics Controller for free and reinstall it.

But I noticed just before I posted that although I searched for the right number, all the links I found were for a slightly different version.

"Intel? 82845G FL GE PE GV Graphics Controller" is yours, but the one that kept popping up in searches is this one:

Intel? 82845G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller.

Could not find the version you posted.

Hi Tom, I've been having a search around to see if I could get some info on your problem.

Thanks for trying to help, Dennis -- I really appreciate it. I'm no longer worrying about it too much because I really haven't experienced any problems. That folder has a bunch of stuff in it (some dlls, a few .exe files and even a couple .sys files). But, maybe they were just used during the original install of the Graphics Controller. Anyway, I've sort of put it out of my mind -- at least for now (or until I have a problem :blink: ).

For some reason, I'm thinking that the original location might have been in the C:\ root directory. How it got to my external E:\ drive is indeed a mystery???

Thanks again for taking the time to look into it, though.