Isle Of Man TT 2008. Wish I was there.

DennisD

• Moderators

Being a big fan of MotoGP and Superbikes, I would probably kill to swap places with my daughter right at this moment in time.

She's on the Isle Of Man, has just phoned me to say her and her mates met John McGuinness earlier today, and are now watching Superbikes hurtle past their grandstand viewpoint at 170mph.

Damn. :(

Being a big fan of MotoGP and Superbikes, I would probably kill to swap places with my daughter right at this moment in time.

She's on the Isle Of Man, has just phoned me to say her and her mates met John McGuinness earlier today, and are now watching Superbikes hurtle past their grandstand viewpoint at 170mph.

Damn. :(

Dennis,

You really know how to get a persons heart rate up.

We are all called to do different things at different times in life.

Somebody has to be home and keep the home fires burning.

Your daughter is young and needs her chance to enjoy herself at such an event.

Don't just sit there,get somebody to watch the "fire" and get your self over to the Isle Of Man and enjoy yourself too.

NO EXCUSES!!! You can do it!!! MOVE!!! MOVE !!! MOVE!!!

:) davey

We used to go to Mosport track quite a bit which is about an hour north east of Toronto and my favorite place was Moss' Corner that was the hairpin turn down at the bottom of the pic.

http://bmwclub.ca/motorsport/tracks/mosport.htm

You could catch a glimpse of the bikes or cars heading into the third corner at which point you could start to hear them when they would gear down to about 30MPH to make the hairpin turn then change gears to reach their maximum speed along the straight away then gear down to go along the grandstand straight.

It usually was a weekend long event and camping was reasonable and even day pit passes were affordable.

Over consumption of wobbly pop was highly frowned on resulting in fines and possible vehicle impounding.

There weren't the Superbikes of today but they could still move.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
We used to go to Mosport track quite a bit which is about an hour north east of Toronto and my favorite place was Moss' Corner that was the hairpin turn down at the bottom of the pic.

http://bmwclub.ca/motorsport/tracks/mosport.htm

You could catch a glimpse of the bikes or cars heading into the third corner at which point you could start to hear them when they would gear down to about 30MPH to make the hairpin turn then change gears to reach their maximum speed along the straight away then gear down to go along the grandstand straight.

It usually was a weekend long event and camping was reasonable and even day pit passes were affordable.

Over consumption of wobbly pop was highly frowned on resulting in fines and possible vehicle impounding.

There weren't the Superbikes of today but they could still move.

That looks like a good track Ken. I've a similar one about 40 miles from where I live, although I haven't been for some time. Look at some of the stuff they get there now:

Croft Autodrome.

I used to go to every meet when my son was in his early teens, and although it wasn't F1, it was a hell of a lot more exciting.

Those little Formula Ford cars would be tyre screeching around every corner with overtaking from start to finish.

They now get the British, and occasionally, World Touring Cars racing there, as well as Superbikes. Haven't been for a long time, so I'd probably have to sell the wife or something to afford the entrance money.