Looks like a foreign tongue

somethinspecial

I downloaded and installed Recuva v 1.14.321 onto the Desktop of my C drive (master). I'm trying to recover all my Microsoft Word documents on my D or slave drive. I ran the program by browsing to my D drive using 'deep scan' for all Word Documents. The program ran for over 4 hours, collectedd 1035 files. I sent them all to my C or master drive. Some of the Word files are teriffic and complete. Some of them look like a foreign tongue or gibberish. The only words I could distingush were 'Page break' and 'Column break'

When opened the file is as follows:

'File Conversion' - filename

'Select the encoding that makes your document readable.'

'Text encoding:'

'Windows (Default)' (which was automatically selected checked) 'MS-DOS' 'Other encoding'

The default selection was unreadble.

I then checked MS-DOS, then highlighted "OEM US" for 'Other encoding:' but none of the selections seem to make much difference, the file is still unreadable.

Two questions please, is there anything I can do or try to make these unreadble files and others similar readable again??

Did I run the program correctly??

I'm using a dialup connection with Netzero, Windows XP SP 2 version 2002 Home Edition, IE 6.

I installed all of the same apps and programs on the master as were on the slave drive when I created these Word documents, so that should not be an issue.

Thank you