Recuva error message

blushing_guy

Hi all, I always faced this error message from Recuva and this is the 3rd time I got this message. Every time when Recuva scanned for deleted files, it will definately hang on the 95% of current progress and pop out this error message. May I know what went wrong? Can anyone please help. Thank you.

recuvaerrormsg.jpg

I started using Recuva v1.13.304 but I had the problem where the application just shutdown with no message :angry: . I installed Recuva v1.14.321 last night and retested, the application still aborts/shutsdown but at least I now see an error and can identify roughtly at what point it dies (but not what caused the problem the log is not particularly helpful see attached) @ 99% and 450,205 files found <_< . Application mem usage is over 200mb but this shouldn't be a problem. I was slightly disappointed that the whole process took around 15hours :( and even more disappointed that the final result was a crash :huh: .

The HD being scanned is an external USB 2.0 drive from western digital WDC WD1600JD-22HBB0, 232Gb, formatted with FAT32. where only about 20Gb is currently in use and about 120Gb represents deleted files I wish to recover :blink: .

post-20670-1211473874_thumb.jpg

The "debug" log doesn't say what the exception is: :(

Recuva_log_1_14_321__21_5_2008_22_54_.txt

A general question: You recommend recovering to a different drive, is this because the entire file is reconstituted in a new location and could well overwrite unrecovered data? or the sectors are left alone but the location information is just applied randomly to the disk and outside of your applications control. :mellow:

PS I tried attaching VS2005 to the process but it wasn't interested.

Ok I'm also going to test on my C: drive 60Gb partition uses NTFS and only 7gb free space which is much smaller to see if it succeeds ;)

Symeon

Recuva_log_1_14_321__21_5_2008_22_54_.txt

post-20670-1211473874_thumb.jpg

The C: test took 500seconds to complete and "appeared" to be successful :)

One thing that would be nice is to have a way of filtering in/out files with the state "unrecoverable".

Symeon

I retested, making sure I was in "debug" mode. But no .dmp files where generated...odd.

------------------------------

Unrelated...I noticed the application memory reached 1.3gb and never went down afterwards.

1. Deepscan C:

2. Delete found files using NSA 7 passes - memory at 700mb

3. Deepscan C: - now memory at 1.3gb after completion

I ended up having to kill the application after 30minutes as I couldn't shut it down.

Symeon