RB5.tmp

Maverick7

Since installing and running CCleaner I have noticed many items appearing in my recycle bin. This morning there were 19 such items. An example from the properties of one item is:

RB5.tmp

Type: Tmp File

Origin: Recycler

Size: 0 Bytes

What are those files and are they generated by CCleaner?

Best regards,

Since installing and running CCleaner I have noticed many items appearing in my recycle bin. This morning there were 19 such items. An example from the properties of one item is:

RB5.tmp

Type: Tmp File

Origin: Recycler

Size: 0 Bytes

What are those files and are they generated by CCleaner?

Best regards,

probaly not, becasue i dont get them and im sure most people dont either.. but hey it could be worse.

• Moderators

This might help explaining what they are.

Question posted regarding Security Manager Software:

Hello at Bell Sympatico Security. I am having a problem with the new Security Manager software or the new Freedom Security as it was called before. This is in regard to the security software when it loads at startup on my computer it deposits .tmp files in my recycle bin. I am a bit worried about this as no other firewall or antivirus security that I ever had did this. Here is a cut and paste of the files that are deposited. Also why I know it is Freedom security is that when ever Freedom Security updates itself in any way be it antivirus etc. etc. it deposits these files at that split moment in the recycle bin. I sure would like an explanation and a resolution of this behavior. I certainly hope you can help me with this. Joseph Maher.

These are the names of the files that it deposits. The origin of the files says RECYCLER.

RBE6.tmp

RB4.tmp

RB2.tmp

RB157.tmp

RB4B.tmp

Link:

And the answer:

The temporary files are created by the Anti-Virus in the Sympatico Security Manager. At start-up, the Anti-Virus engine scans the Recycle Bin for Viruses. The Recycle Bin is difficult to clean-up when it contains infected files. The temporary files are used to help move the files around and prevent an infected file from being restored by accident. You will notice that the original location of the temporary file is the Recycle Bin itself and that the file size is zero.

Link:

Got the same answer at a couple of places.

This might help explaining what they are.

Question posted regarding Security Manager Software:

Link:

And the answer:

Link:

Got the same answer at a couple of places.

Well thanks Dennis. That sounds reasonable enough. I only recently installed AT&T (formerly BellSouth) internet security suite. Never noticed those files in the recycle bin until yesterday but they may have been there all along.

best regards,