Start Menu Program Shortcuts

joey022461

I cleaned out, or had checked, the option to clear start menu program shortcuts. Not sure which option cleared it but it seems to NOT rebuild itself... I used to have 10 programs showing (which it still says that in the properties section of the start menu). Why is the list not rebuilding itself when I run a program? There is a lot of blank space on the lower left side of my start menu..

any suggestions?

JP

I cleaned out, or had checked, the option to clear start menu program shortcuts. Not sure which option cleared it but it seems to NOT rebuild itself... I used to have 10 programs showing (which it still says that in the properties section of the start menu). Why is the list not rebuilding itself when I run a program? There is a lot of blank space on the lower left side of my start menu..

any suggestions?

JP

Hello Joey,

Turn off all the options under Advanced heading in the Cleaner on the Windows tab.

You can leave the option on for Custom Files and Folders.Turn the rest off.

Bet you discovered a lot of strange things happened when you used those options.

Your "most frequently used" programs list will start to rebuild.It sometimes takes a reboot to kick things off again.

Good luck,

:) davey

Don't forget a new update to the CCleaner Guide came out Feb. 06,2008.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1504 Bookmark it and save in your Favorites.