CCleaner does not clean if windows is on hard drive d:/

freeroot

Hello.

I have reinstall windows in my second hard drive d:/ and CCleaner doesn't work like before, when windows was in my c:/ .

There is an option or a different version of CCleaner to clean windows on hard drive d:/ ? :unsure:

Thx

Hello.

I have reinstall windows in my second hard drive d:/ and CCleaner doesn't work like before, when windows was in my c:/ .

There is an option or a different version of CCleaner to clean windows on hard drive d:/ ? :unsure:

Thx

You will find that many tools and Windows depends on C:\ being your System drive.

:) davey

But it's true that my windows depends on d:\. :(

What's your advice please ?

windowsond.jpg

Hi freeroot,

I do not understand the reason for you to install Windows on drive "d".

It would be much better for you to have it on the C DRIVE.

Hi freeroot,

I do not understand the reason for you to install Windows on drive "d".

It would be much better for you to have it on the C DRIVE.

freeroot...

I have a windows xp install from when i did an upgrade...windows xp home (C: drive) to windows xp pro (D:).

I don't know how or why you ended up with windows on the D: drive, but I'll be installing CCleaner on the

xp pro partition to see what happens. I haven't been using it as much since i wiped out the xp home partition and installed

the 64-bit version of vista.

I would suggest for you to choose the custom install and change the path and then the drive letter for any program you install.

I noticed most of the programs I installed were defaulting to the C: drive where vista is installed.

I figured it could cause problems if I let them install that way so I just changed the drive letter to D: in the path of a custom install.

So far I haven't had any problems with any other programs because of windows being on the D: drive.

Anyway, that should cover my reason for installing windows on the D: drive. Now XP is a backup OS on the D: drive

and Vista gets the C: drive. And if anyone decides to dual boot the two, I'd suggest installing XP to the D: partition first

and then install/upgrade to Vista on the C: partition. I heard people trying to downgrade Vista to XP on HP computers

were having problems installing XP because of the way Vista handles the boot record which interfers with the way XP needs to handle it.

What's on your C: drive now?