Profilemanager support in Firefox

Hi. CCleaner usually cleans Firefox files from C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.

But if you decide to move this folder onto another partition of your hard drive using the profilemanager of Firefox (execute: firefox.exe --profilemanager) in order to access your profile from several OS (eg vista, xp and unix), this folder is no longer cleaned... until you do it yourself with Firefox.

It could be a good idea to look at the C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.ini file which contains the new profile location before cleaning :rolleyes:

thanks!

Why don't you just add that folders new location to CCleaner > Options > Include File/Folder, and clean it that way?

that's ok for the cache but I think it seems a bit difficult for other files like cookies.txt or the history that I do not want to delete, but just want to clean... And I don't know what are the other files that Ctrl+Shift+Del usually cleans... :(

• Moderators

I dunno if writing an inni file would do what you want, but I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

It might be a case of "Including" the folder as mentioned above, then meticulously "Excluding" the individual files/subfolders that you want to keep in that folder.

That should work, and once you have the parameters you want set up, that should be it.

Short of any better way to do this being suggested by someone else, that's possibly the only way to selectively clean a folder that's been migrated away from the system drive.

Hope this helps.