Old password question

chattpanther

This may be obvious to everyone but me, however I recently accessed a website that I had not gone to in over a year.

The link I clicked on immediately brought up a box that said "The server www.example.com requires a username and password."

In the username and password boxes were my typical username and password saved. I knew that I had logged on and registered the last time I visited (over a year ago), but I was surprised to see that information still saved on my computer.

I have been running CCleaner and previous to CCleaner "window washer". Why does CCleaner not erase that type of information like it does on this Forum after I run CCleaner?

Thank you for your assistance on this.

Hello chattpanther,

Do you ever check the option Autocomplete Form History when using CCleaner?

Do you have some Cookies saved in Cookies to keep for that Website?

Do you use IE or another Browser?

These may be the answer.

Regards,

:) davey

Hello chattpanther,

Do you ever check the option Autocomplete Form History when using CCleaner?

Do you have some Cookies saved in Cookies to keep for that Website?

Do you use IE or another Browser?

These may be the answer.

Regards,

I do always check the Autocomplete Form History option (meaning I erase that history).

I don't have any cookies saved at all, much less the website.

However, I normally use Firefox but this only happens with IE. I guess it is an IE issue. Any thoughts on what to do? I have seen this with another website as well. I just makes me wonder what continues to be on my computer. Thanks.

You check all the boxes for IE?

Do you check to clean Adobe Flash Player under Multimedia in Applications tab?

What I am getting at,is the fact that some sites take the info you provide and store it either in their product data files stored on your computer and some store in the Flash Player files.Others have been known to hide data in your Registry like MS does?

Do you have applications listed on the Applications tab that are related to the Website you referred to in your Post?Are these apps checked for cleaning?

However, there are certain apps you may have unchecked to prevent that data from being cleaned?

You may have to clean those files once to get rid of your stored password and username.The site may encrypt that data so only they can read it and your info is protected anyway?

You have to make that decision.

This situation applies to other CCleaner users as well.

Of course the data can be hidden who knows where on your computer.Especially if they have a business relationship with MS.

Just like "viruses" ,data can be hidden and hidden in many more places than "viruses".

What version of CCleaner are you using?

Edited by davey

You check all the boxes for IE?

Do you check to clean Adobe Flash Player under Multimedia in Applications tab?

What I am getting at,is the fact that some sites take the info you provide and store it either in their product data files stored on your computer and some store in the Flash Player files.Others have been known to hide data in your Registry like MS does?

Do you have applications listed on the Applications tab that are related to the Website you referred to in your Post?Are these apps checked for cleaning?

However, there are certain apps you may have unchecked to prevent that data from being cleaned?

You may have to clean those files once to get rid of your stored password and username.The site may encrypt that data so only they can read it and your info is protected anyway?

You have to make that decision.

This situation applies to other CCleaner users as well.

Of course the data can be hidden who knows where on your computer.Especially if they have a business relationship with MS.

Just like "viruses" ,data can be hidden and hidden in many more places than "viruses".

What version of CCleaner are you using?

I click all the applications as I was trying to get a total clean sweep. I just downloaded CCleaner a few days ago so it is the most recent one. Any other suggestions? Thank you for all your help.