Why does Recuva find files deleted with CCleaner?

Wil

I have been using CCleaner for a while thinking it deleted internet files specifically. I ran Recuva today and found MANY picture files and others that were from the internet, even though I had ran CCleaner before. I have the 7 layer (NSA) level checked for overwriting, but if i go on the internet, close the browser, run CCleaner and then run Recuva it will pop those pictures i just saw on the internet up.

Is there a way to delete the files once Recuva has found them?

How do i get rid of them for real?

I have been using CCleaner for a while thinking it deleted internet files specifically. I ran Recuva today and found MANY picture files and others that were from the internet, even though I had ran CCleaner before. I have the 7 layer (NSA) level checked for overwriting, but if i go on the internet, close the browser, run CCleaner and then run Recuva it will pop those pictures i just saw on the internet up.

Run CCleaner then

run Eraser

http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

erase unused disk space (files that have only previously been deleted)

You probably have the "don't delete temp files newer than 48 hours" option checked.

Hi good people,

For a further discussion of this situation click on the link below.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=14006

The problem is not with CCleaner but with a misleading setting in Internet Options.

You may want to go to Tools in the upper right of this window.

Click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab.

Scroll down to Security and UNCHECK box labeled "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed".

If this box is left checked then the pointers to this data will be removed and CCleaner will not know that data is there.

I know you don't want other people to see what you have been seeing,reviewing,evaluating,looking at etc., so dont leave this box checked.

Remember IF YOU SEE IT ON YOUR SCREEN WHILE BROWSING it may be recorded somewhere on your hard drive.

For now if you want to get rid of it for "almost" certain,you may need another product.I say "almost" certain because no software GUARANTEES that all your data will be removed.

(read the fine print).

This situation does display the ability of RECUVA to do its job.

Best Wishes,

:) davey