First time user - please help

jenbenred

Hi there, I have just found this site and have run the programme. I am concerned about the Registry entries it has found. I am a novice on computers and have heard lots of things about deleting registry keys and items associated with the registry. I ran the registry scan and it found lots of entries. I backed up what it found and then cleaned (and deleted I think) the entries. One entry would not delete. I kept running the cleaner and it kept on coming back with this registry entry to do with Zone Alarm (my firewall protection). I saved it 4 times and then gave up. What do I do with all the saved registry entries that I have backed up before I deleted them? Do I delete them? My p.c. seems to be working fine since I have deleted these entries but the list if growing very long of the back up registry items which I have saved. I really do not know what I am supposed to do with them and how long I am suppose to keep them for. Please can you help me. Thanks very much

You are absolutely right to be cautious about deleting reg entries, though CCleaners reg cleaner is generally very safe. How long you keep the backups for is entirely up to you, but if everything's running fine in a couple of weeks they should be safe to delete (alot of the more knowledgeable members here, and me, don't even make backups, just trust CCleaner. Not that I'm suggesting you do the same).

As for the Zone Alarm issue it has cropped up a few times, see if this post helps:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...p;hl=ZAMailSafe