How to perform update?

Bullrem

I am so new to CCleaner that I do not even want to say I am a newbie. Someone else loaded this on my computer along with AVG and uninstalled my Norton and Ad-ware. Truly I am lost and that other person is not available. CCleaner was installed and ran Nov 16. I have looked over the options and looked at the quick tour. No where do I find any thing to 'click' that says updates or check for updates, etc.

So where do I go, or what do I do to update before trying to run this program?? Please!

I am so new to CCleaner that I do not even want to say I am a newbie. Someone else loaded this on my computer along with AVG and uninstalled my Norton and Ad-ware. Truly I am lost and that other person is not available. CCleaner was installed and ran Nov 16. I have looked over the options and looked at the quick tour. No where do I find any thing to 'click' that says updates or check for updates, etc.

So where do I go, or what do I do to update before trying to run this program?? Please!

CCleaner doesn't have to be updated in the same way as an anti-virus, it will still work fine as it is. If you do want to update look in the very bottom right corner of the CCleaner window and you'll see a 'Check for updates' link. Click that and it'll open the CCleaner site and tell you if an update is available or not. If an update is available just download it and install (make sure to untick the Yahoo toolbar option during installation or download the slim version from HERE which doesn't contain the toolbar or additional languages)

I do not use Yahoo. Is there anything else I should tweak before I download? I probably should say I have XP and I use IE and Outlook Express. It looks like if I do as you suggested, I will be downloading CCleaner again. So do I uninstall the one I have now first or after or not at all?? Thanks for your reply.

I do not use Yahoo. Is there anything else I should tweak before I download? I probably should say I have XP and I use IE and Outlook Express. It looks like if I do as you suggested, I will be downloading CCleaner again. So do I uninstall the one I have now first or after or not at all?? Thanks for your reply.

No you don't have to uninstall the old version, just install the new version (if there is a newer version) and it will replace the older version and keep all settings intact. For further info on CCleaner itself have a read of the beginners guide and if you have any more questions feel free to ask ;) :

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/