Something Peculiar is happening

nonstick

I am completely unable to use CCleaner. It's like something on my PC objects. I can't run it - it shuts down immediately - I cant uninstall it as the windows uninstaller closes immediately. If I go to the CCleaner download page all my IE windows shut down. I even tried to log in to this forum on my pc and it closed immediately (I'm posting via my work PC). If I go anywhere near anything to do with CCleaner on my PC it refuses to play ball!!

Incredibly frustrating - something is wrong but I cant find it! :(

I'll have a go this eveining when I get home - thanks

Might take some jiggery pokery though as anything to do with CCleaner results in something strange happening. I tried to post in this forum and as soon as I clicked on CCleaner discussion the page closed down!

• 4 weeks later...

Did this ever get fixed? My Dad's computer has exactly the same issue. ANYTHING to do with CCleaner causes the application to crash. If I so much as hover over the CCleaner icon on the desktop or in the start menu the system crashes out (all icons and start bar disappear). Also, in IE AND Mozilla, if I type CCleaner into a search engine the window just closes and I lose all icons on the desktop for a few seconds. If I even search for it in windows that crashes too. Otherwise all these programs work normally.