Check your Clipboard...

CeeCee

Of course CCleaner clears the Clipboard, but if you want to check out the content of your Clipboard, here's how to do it:

Go to Start>Run>type clipbrd>OK. You can clear the content by going to 'Edit' and "Delete".

Or you can go to System32 folder, find clipbrd.exe and create a shortcut for faster accessing.

This is pretty much useless information, but anyway...

• Moderators
Of course CCleaner clears the Clipboard, but if you want to check out the content of your Clipboard, here's how to do it:

Go to Start>Run>type clipbrd>OK. You can clear the content by going to 'Edit' and "Delete".

Or you can go to System32 folder, find clipbrd.exe and create a shortcut for faster accessing.

This is pretty much useless information, but anyway...

Like most, I use the clipboard all the time, and it's never crossed my mind to have a look at it.

I have now. Cheers.

If you do a lot of copying and pasting, you'll be interested to check out one of the many available 'Clipboard Extenders'

These not only save a lot of your clips instead of just the most recent one, you can also edit and re-format a clip before pasting it using many different tools, or rorganize, print, combine, search, and manage these data.

Personally I've used ClipMate for years, and it is the one tool I couldn't possibly do without. It's a huge time saver, and it has too many options to mention.

There are many freeware solutions as well.

post-5488-1191970684_thumb.jpg

post-5488-1191970684_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Its kinda pointless to check your clipboard though because it just over writes itself each time you copy something new. Seems like it would be quicker to just paste and see what comes up. :lol:

If you have MS office you can use its clip board thing. It allows you to copy multiple things(24). I've used it a few times but usually the normal one does the job. :D

• Moderators
If you do a lot of copying and pasting, you'll be interested to check out one of the many available 'Clipboard Extenders'

There are many freeware solutions as well.

Hi Tony, thanks for that. I wasn't aware that software to do this existed, and I'm probably not the only one. I keep a lot of links, and this type of app will save a lot of time.