Abandoning my gmail accounts

rridgely

• Moderators

To the few of you that email me, I'm abandoning my gmail account so from now on use the yahoo one.(which is the same thing just with yahoo behind it.)

The new Yahoo web interface is so good. The spam filter is working without me having to bother doing anything and to be honest the web interface works just as good as any email client because it works about the same way. :D

• Moderators
To the few of you that email me, I'm abandoning my gmail account so from now on use the yahoo one.(which is the same thing just with yahoo behind it.)

The new Yahoo web interface is so good. The spam filter is working without me having to bother doing anything and to be honest the web interface works just as good as any email client because it works about the same way. :D

I forgot to reply to this. I was wondering if yahoo over your side of the pond is the same as here.

We now have unlimited storage with the free account, but I'm not keen on the "new" version. The old one seems to be much more stable if that's the right word. Loads quickly and doesn't jump all over the place with different windows opening.

Much prefer the old yahoo.

My Gmail spam folder works fine... it only puts in stuff that it can tell that is spam, and nothing from friends or newsletters that I get from Apple, TigerDirect, and Newegg. I don't even use filters, just folders to label and archive my emails.

AJ

I have never liked Gmail and their "alllow us to spy for a few extras gigabytes policy", or for that matter much else about Google, but that's a different rant :rolleyes:

I keep seeing messages about the "new Yahoo".. like this:

6aqcxw2.jpg

.. but I have never either wanted or felt I needed to upgrade. Having just read your comments DennisD, I logged on to one of my yahoo accounts and I noticed the logo on the top left had "Classic" underneath.

4yzz3u1.jpg

Prehaps they're running two versions at the same time.?

Talking of spying, the Firefox extension No Script now blocks webbugs :P That'll stop the B'tards in thier tracks :lol:

• Moderators
Having just read your comments DennisD, I logged on to one of my yahoo accounts and I noticed the logo on the top left had "Classic" underneath.

4yzz3u1.jpg

Prehaps they're running two versions at the same time.?

I've never seen that. I've either got Yahoo Mail beta in the new one or Yahoo UK & Ireland in the old version.

• Moderators
GMail is much better than Yahoo! :)

Not the new one. Actually I never liked gmails web interface, but the free pop access is worth it if you plan to use it.

Its interface is just too good. It works exactly how my thunderbird did and I can access it from any computer without worrying about syncing.

• Moderators
I forgot to reply to this. I was wondering if yahoo over your side of the pond is the same as here.

We now have unlimited storage with the free account, but I'm not keen on the "new" version. The old one seems to be much more stable if that's the right word. Loads quickly and doesn't jump all over the place with different windows opening.

Much prefer the old yahoo.

I didnt have any of those problems. :mellow:

Have you tried it since it came out of beta?