CCleaner bug reporting

ej79

My PC has windowsXP Home sp2

Have been using CCleaner for at least 2 years. All worked fine until last two upgrades to new versions.

First v1.41.544 Have been using just recently. It does not delete IE Temp files & cookies

I have to go to (IE/tools/options/settings/view files) to delete temp files. The older versions of CCleaner deleted files.

Then I go to (start/ run/ type in %temp% / OK) to delete these temp files. Older CCleaner version deleted these too.

I have re-downloaded v1.41.544 three times to see if that is the problem. Didn't help.

Have tried re-start PC, no help there.

Today I downloaded v2.00.495 & I have the same problem.

Note: I do not have a check mark on "only deleat windows temp files over 48 hours old."

Am considering going to http://www.oldapps.com/download_ccleaner.php & getting an older version of CCleaner.

This is my first post :mellow: any one have an answer?

................................................................ej79

First v1.41.544 Have been using just recently. It does not delete IE Temp files & cookies
If you have IE open then CCleaner can't clean out those files as they are in use.

Try closing IE then running CCleaner.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

If you have IE open then CCleaner can't clean out those files as they are in use.

Try closing IE then running CCleaner.

At the time of using CCleaner I have nothing open. I only go there (IE) after "after finished" with CCleaner. To check if it worked & did whai it has done in the past.

Since I first posted Question I deleted the last CCleaner v2.00.495 (it was not deleting) I then went to

.. http://www.oldapps.com/download_ccleaner.php .. the downloaded

CCleaner version v1.38.495.

It works great & cleans all files, as I have been used to CC doing before . :rolleyes::)

I may try v2.00.495 again when I have more time to fool with it.