CCleaner deletes its own files on my Win98 se machine.

CCleaner 1.41.544 considers many of its own files to be temporary files and deletes them if the "temporary files" box is checked on the Cleaner Settings list.

Here is a list displayed in the Progress window after the Analyze button is selected:

\CCleaner\winapp.ini 40.21KB

\CCleaner\CCleaner.dll 95.00KB

\CCleaner\winsys.ini 5.62KB

\CCleaner\winreg.ini 1.53KB

\CCleaner\history.txt 749 bytes

\CCleaner\CCSystem.dll 56.00KB

\CCleaner\uninst.exe 0.10MB

At first, I was wondering why the program seemed not to work after the first "cleaning". I re-installed the program and the same thing happened. Then, I tried again, but looked closely at the list of files to be deleted and saw the list above. By de-selecting items in the Settings list and trying the Analyze each time, I found the category under which the files were being listed by the program.

I am re-installing the previous version so I can use the program with confidence, until version 2 is in its final form. By the way, it may be relevant that I am using Win 98 SE (on a Toshiba Tecra 9000), as I have this version installed on a Win 2000 Pro machine (an IBM Thinkpad T21) and it doesn't seem to have the problem, though there may be some other factor(s) involved in causing the program to mis-behave.

Thank you for a useful program. Until now, I have been quite happy with the services it has performed for me.

Best wishes,

Raccoonnookkeeper

=DM=